Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 26 - Whole Wheat-chocolate chip-blackberry pancakes

 
I love weekends with the family and I love experimenting with food. We started the morning with whole wheat chocolate-chip-blackberry pancakes for breakfast.The recipes is super easy. It's a bulk pancake mix (organic), I add milk to make it a nice dough and add the chocolate-chips and in this case the blackberries. One can add any fruits but blackberries and chocolate..hmm..(raspberries are great too). Fry them in the pan on both sides about 3-5 min. and done!


Here is the final product
I generally add peanut butter on top of it. Tom puts honey on his. I purchased a really great pumpkin/peanut butter which is super expensive, but I like is so much that I eat it on almost everything. It's called Naturally Nutty and cost $10.25 in our local bakery. I was able to afford only one. On their website you can get it for a lot less but then they add on the shipping charge, if I can get enough people to buy some with me and spend $80 total the shipping is waived. Here is the website for the wonderful pepita sun seed butter . I am considering making this myself - I looked at the ingredients, bought them and am now trying to figure out how I can put them all together and make them taste as good. I know it is a secret recipe  and most likely can't reproduce it but I will try my best. 

Franzi and me
Today was the day, I had my friend Franzi coming over to show me how to bake cookies. She is a great baker and makes great cakes and pastries. We followed a recipe but modified it with the organic agave syrup and instead of regular flour we used whole wheat flour. This was our first time making cookies with agave syrup. We tried really hard, and I wanted to thank Franzi for taking the time to teach me how to make organic whole wheat chocolate-chip cookies.


Here is the outcome! A giant cookie! hahahaha

 Well, people liked it despite the flat appearance. You can def. taste the syrup and to me it is not a pleasant taste. I can live with it but would probably prefer organic unrefined sugar in the future. I am back to zero on the cookie baking..and maybe there is a spell on me and my oven..hahaha..
I think the first time I have to do, is find a recipe that included whole wheat and then I will be able to follow the recipe 100%. I will keep you posted.



 WISDOM OF THE DAY
Unrefined sugar
When it comes to choosing sugar, there is no doubt that unrefined raw sugar is the best choice. It contains minerals and nutrients that are stripped from refined white sugar and regular brown sugar. Raw sugar contains roughly eleven calories per teaspoon and has the same vitamin and mineral consistency that is found in the juice from the sugarcane plant. These minerals include Phosphorus, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, and Potassium.

No comments:

Post a Comment