Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 28 - People ask me why...

I have been writing this block for 4 weeks! Every day! And I will continue for another 337 days! I am pretty proud of our family to make the change. 

People have started asking me why we are doing what we are doing....

I guess I didn't clarify, therefore I will take the opportunity to write about it today. Here are 10 reasons why we switched to organic food and why I am writing this blog.

  1. This blog has been created to share OUR experience switching to an organic diet. What we learn, how we cope, how we feel and what difference it makes.
  2. It is NOT intended to persuade nor convince my readers. I DO NOT view people differently who eat non-organic food. I don't really care what you eat!!
  3. This blog is intended to keep a diary for our own purpose
  4. It is for people who always wondered what organic food is about
  5. It NOT intended as a diet
  6. And it is an "trial and error" approach - trying to eat better
  7. We are not mainstream and therefore we take a drastic approach and ask where our food comes from and what we put on our plates
  8. We enjoy quality food - and it just tastes BETTER
  9. We intend to EAT healthier
  10. We want our daughter to grow up healthy  and since researches and studies are uncertain and vague we will try to provide the best food possible.
 
I don't know what my readers think when they read my blog, because I don't get very much feedback/comments on here. All I  see is that people are reading...
I think a lot of people view us as fanatics, but we are only trying to be responsible parents. If you watched Food Inc. and various other movies, if you learned a bit about the "secret" world of food and food production - you JUST CAN'T CLOSE YOUR EYES AND PRETEND EVERYTHING IS GOOD!


WISDOM OF THE DAY
The growing consensus among scientists is that small doses of pesticides and other chemicals can cause lasting damage to human health, especially during fetal development and early childhood. Scientists now know enough about the long-term consequences of ingesting these powerful chemicals to advise that we minimize our consumption of pesticides.

Read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment